As a self employed designer and blogger since January 2014, Kate currently undertakes the following roles:
- Managing all elements of the business including design, marketing, social media, administration, photography, maintaining accounting records, networking, management and processing of orders from multiple sales channels at events and online.
- Designing, building and maintaining madebymrsm.co.uk and other sites.
- Writing various blogs including twice weekly posts for her business.
- Kate is also Blogger and Writer for the Just A Card campaign and provides social media support for this campaign and Carshalton Artists Open Studios.
- Teaching textiles based workshops at a selection of London venues including Pop Brixton, Tooting Market and the Camberwell Fringe Festival.
- Writing craft tutorials for magazines.
- Attending events including (but not limited to) pop-ups at West Elm’s London flagship store, Crafty Fox Market, Renegade Craft Fair and Farnham Maltings. Kate’s work has also been showcased at the Royal Academy of Arts and is a winner of Theo Paphitis’ Small Business Sunday.
Kate and her work have been featured in a wide range of print and online media – for further details head to Kate’s website.
From 1998 to 2013 Kate held a variety of roles at DLA Piper UK LLP, an International Law Firm. In her role as Business Executive she gained the following experience:
- A complex role which progressed from PA to the Marketing Director of a large global Law Firm, to an office management position supporting the International Marketing Director with her management of the marketing team across all international jurisdictions outside the US.
- The role involved travel across the UK and Europe, to support new and existing team members. It also required the organisation of large scale, high level meetings, producing reports and presentations for the Director for delivery at Board level.
- Management of the UK team travel budget and lead on projects analysing travel expenditure, the UK firm’s business memberships and the creation of a marketing training framework for the international team.
- First point of contact for lawyers at all levels, external contacts and the wider global marketing team.
Kate gained an ILEX Level 4 Professional Higher Diploma in Law in 2005.